Tuesday 7 May 2013

Boiling Bali


Bali
Selamat pagi!
I travelled to Bali (Indonesia) and stayed on the famous Legian Beach. When there, I stayed at the five star Legian beach hotel. The hotel itself was in a fantastic location- right on the beach, easy walk to Kuta and close access to all the massage shops. The buffet breakfast and dinner at that hotel was amazing! And the staff were so friendly!
Image ref: http://www.balinesehotel.com/legian-beach-hotel/
My favorite activity there was the scuba diving and turtle island experience. Being a scaredy-cat when it comes to fish, it took a lot for me to get into the water, however I had such a great experience, and I am so glad I did it! A favorite of my families was the monkey temple in Uluwata. Me, scared again of the monkeys! However I was amazed to see hundreds of monkeys in their natural habitat, so free and relaxed. It was also a great introduction to the Balinese- Buddhism culture as they had many temples in the surrounding areas.
However I do give you a word of warning, don’t drink the water from the tap. Bottled water comes so cheap in the shops, that you would be silly to risk spending the rest of your trip in bed! Also remember the gastro- stop for the Bali belly!
A highlight of my trip was the Macdonald’s home delivery, after a big night out in Kuta’s famous bars and clubs, nothing better then having it delivered to your door stop.
Image Ref: http://www.facebook.com/McDonaldsBali
Bali is definitely a fantastic place to travel for a cheap, fun holiday!






No comments:

Post a Comment